Thursday, January 22, 2009

Work and sleep

I thought things would quiet down after Tuesday, but, things are still busy at work. I have been working on a special project which has me in the office in the 4 o'clock hour this week. It makes me pretty groggy by 8PM at night. On top of that, I was doing some IT work today and we put in the wrong IP address range into our very invasive asset discovery tool. Long story short... instead of sniffing up my internal network for our lab and such, I poked my nose into a bunch of systems I should not be seeing. It made for a stressful day at work. The only thing that was good, was my boss thought the whole thing was hilarious and he took care of any fires it started. I still feel bad for having it happen. Oh well, you live and you learn. And it is really hard to break things if you aren't doing anything. As my boss put it, the only thing I did wrong today was I was over-productive.

It will be all better tomorrow. I have to be at work at 4AM again. But, I am going golfing in the afternoon and it will be in the mid 50s. So, life will be good starting out the weekend. Saturday the wife and I will be staying at a nice hotel in Arlington. It will be nice to get away for a couple days and order room service and such.

Well, it is well past 8PM. I am off to bed. Keep on shorting that stock market and have a wonderful evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment