Tuesday, January 13, 2009

What a week

I had my first class on Monday and today I spent some time getting ready for tomorrow's class. I have 38 slides about the history of Linux and explaining its licensing structure and such. It really is amazing how much has happened in the Open Source Community since 1991. Going through and making the slides has been kind of neat because it has forced me to go back over some history that I was a part of. I am actually looking forward to giving the presentation and my only concern is that it will take two nights to get through it all. That, and I hope the students are at least mildly interested. I did add some pictures of the old systems and some great pics of the original guys. Richard Stallman and company should be good for some chuckles from the kids.

All this in the middle of preparing for the inauguration. Which all I can say is.... what a pain in the ass.

All of this chaos will be worth it when I am playing pond hockey on Saturday though. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment