Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Not how I wanted to get here... but...


I mentioned a few days back about how I accidentally scanned a large portion of our network. Well, it has finally played out and strangely enough... in my favor! I gave a presentation today to several muckity-mucks at work on what we did and how the tool works and they are very interested in using it on purpose for good. I now have a nice high-profile assignment at work and it is a very interesting one. So, things are looking good on the job front. Not exactly the route I wanted to take to get there (Last week was pure hell), but, I will take it.

The weather today was awful. I left on very icy/snowy roads and it took about 2 hours to get to work. On the way home the road off the mountain was fine and all of the roads to the top of my valley were fine. But, as soon as I started into the national forest it started to sleet hard and the road was completely untreated all the way home. So, it was slow going getting back to the house. Now I am just waiting to see if my work is delayed or canceled tomorrow. The college is already on a delay till noon. So, there is hope that my class tomorrow will be canceled and I can use the extra time to work on getting further ahead of my class as far as presentations go.

We also started a bet at work. (We gamble on anything and everything at work) We all put $20 a piece in this morning and then weighed in on a scale in the warehouse. We are competing for one month to see who can lose the most percentage of weight. This came about because we decided we should bet on something healthy for once. The pool is somewhere between $200-300, so this should be interesting! I had a piece of baked chicken and steamed veggies for lunch. I had a salad with some pork on top of it tonight with 0 calorie dressing. So, day one is complete!

Well, sled riding and hiking in the snow this evening sorta wiped me out. So, I think I am off to bed.

Oh! And the wife finished my "Jayne Hat" today! I am soooo stoked!

No comments:

Post a Comment