Monday, January 12, 2009

One down... 33 to go....

I completed my first college class from the teacher side tonight. It went 'ok.' I still feel pretty frazzled about how this is all going to turn out. I think I will feel better once we load up Linux and get rolling in the operating system. I have a good mix of students; from the kids who are taking it for their degrees to some industry folk who are trying to expand their careers and knowledge. Overall, it seems to be a good group. I guess I will start to see their true colors over the next week or so.

In the ongoing drama that is my job... I got my offer letter from the main contractor today. It is for more than even I asked for. But, it does say that the contract is good only through March 4, 2009. So, I am not resting on this issue yet. I think I will still have to go through all the steps I laid out earlier. It will just help to be making more money while I do it. :)

I missed hockey last night, but, I am glad because today turned out to be a very long day, between installing a garage door opener, running errands and preparing and teaching my first class... I am wiped.

Oh, I also made a joke about "Organic" Food with a girl taking Organic Chemistry today at school and she didn't get it. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment