Sunday, March 22, 2009

What a nice weekend

Yesterday was frustrating. I went to the Center for Innovative Technology to sit in a on a couple EMBA classes. I was hoping that this would finalize my decision to go with the Technology Management program. Unfortunately, my experience was the exact opposite. I really enjoy the classes I attended and the program looks exactly like something I would enjoy taking. The subject matter was riveting and the class structure is the kind of environment I learn best in. It was interactive and participatory.

Although it created confusion in what I wanted to do, it did help me gain confidence in one thing. I had absolutely no trouble following along with the material they were covering. This was a second year class and I had no trouble understanding where the instructor was going with his questions and what the answers were. This was a relief, because I have had some apprehension about how I would do up till now. Most of this stems from the fact that I do not have an undergrad business degree. It looks like my passion and interest for economics and finance has paid off in me learning enough over the years to do just fine in a business program.

I spent the rest of the afternoon visiting an old friend in Herdon since I was in the area. She just got FIOS and it looks really cool, but, I cannot imagine I will be using it very soon. The two main reasons I see standing in the way are: It won’t be in my area for another 10 years and we got rid of ALL of our TV service about 7 months ago and have not missed it. So, she can enjoy her 1000 channels. I will continue to enjoy the beautiful area I live in.

I picked up a new Daytimer and gave the wife back her old one. My new one has a larger 2” ring and is more along the lines of what I need. It may look like a man purse, but, it is getting the job done for me and that is what matters. We met some good friends for dinner last night and I was about 10 minutes early, so I sat at the table working on my to-do list for the next day. Needless-to-say, they teased me a good bit when they saw it. Oh well, I will just have to be comfortable with who I am and accept it.

Speaking of the Daytimer, it has really increased my productivity. Today is a great example. On sunny, warm days like today in the past, I would have just lazed around all day and not got anything productive done. Now with the planner, I can sit down in the morning and get my list of things I need to do down on paper. Then I can start knocking them out. Today I have knocked out the following this morning: Situps and Pushups, Fed the goats, Cleaned the Ninja, Cleaned the garage, tilled the garden, cut down the birdhouse, mowed down the tall grass from the old brush pile and chocked the grill on the back porch. Not a bad morning. All I have left on my list is to complete the quiz and projects for Chapter 9 in my class and to update my blog. So, I pretty much have the rest of the afternoon to truly enjoy.

Ha! The neighbor just pulled up on his four wheeler. I am assuming he is wanting to go buy hay. It is a great day for a drive. So, I am outta here.

No comments:

Post a Comment