Saturday, March 14, 2009

Mooooooooo


I am sitting here contemplating something I didn’t think I would be considering any time in my near future. I am considering going on a cruise with another couple at the end of May. They are really nice people and I know we would enjoy hanging out with them for the week. I just have never thought I would enjoy hanging out on a boat with a bunch of other people. I don’t like Disney World or Branson Missouri. I don’t even really like amusement parks. These experiences are just too many people being herded around doing mindless things.

In light of all that, I find it surprising that I think I would actually enjoy the concept of having nothing to do for 7 straight days. Not in that I would sit around bored, but, that I would have no set schedule or list of things I had to get done during that time. I think there would be enough things on the ship that I could do, that I wouldn’t feel totally under stimulated. I could also easily avoid the big cattle lines and heavily organized pieces if I wanted to. It may actually be really good for me to just take it easy for a bit. I could go work out in the gym and then sit in the hot tub for a bit. I could just lie in bed or sit on my balcony for the day if I wanted to. The more I think about it, the more I like the idea actually.

The destinations sound interesting also. We would be going to Grand Turk, Little San Salvador Island and Nassau. Nassau I am sure will be a zoo. But, the rest look like they would be fairly quiet and interesting. I don’t think I would enjoy the shore side planned activities, but, I would enjoy just getting off the boat and wandering off onto the island. My only regret is that we wouldn’t be going to the Dominican Republic. I have always wanted to go there, but, I am sure I can get another opportunity since one of my good friend’s mother built a house there and lives full time.

Well, we will see. For the meantime, my quizzes from Wednesday and graded and put up on the blackboard for the students. I am going to bed. It was a long day out shooting on the range and visiting the pig.

No comments:

Post a Comment