Thursday, March 12, 2009

And the beat goes on

It is official; I am now back on contract at my job. I will find out tomorrow how long this extension is for. Regardless of length, it is nice to have a steady income stream again. The hardest part will be getting back into a routine. I have been slowly getting up later and later as I went through the week. Tomorrow I will have to actually get up and go to work on time. It will be very nice to not have to commute into the city tomorrow. That part I will not miss.

In general, everything seems to be going pretty well right now. It is such a change from the beginning of the week. On Monday I was trying to find out why I still did not have a contract, picking through the wasteland of an office space where everybody was laid-off and the market was absolutely in the dumper. Now I have a new lease on my career life, I am almost wrapped up with the vulture fest down in the city and the market is screaming to the upside.

On another happy note, I had lunch today with a friend who is back in school, working on her undergrad. She declared her major this week and is going down the finance route. It was really good to have a chance to bounce my thoughts off her today and to listen to what she has experienced along her journey over the last few months. I was relieved to find out she had toyed with Economics as her major. This gives me comfort to know that I am not alone in this desire and that maybe I am not completely out of my gourd to want to get a doctorate in Economics at some point. Who knows....

I know she occasionally peeks at this blog, so I want to congratulate her on her endeavor. I think it will set her on an exciting and interesting chapter in her life.

Well, I better go grade quizzes. I'm sure my students are interested to see how they did on the exam. I am just as interested to see how they did. I was concerned that this quiz may have been a bit hard. But, from what I have glanced at they seem to be doing alright on it. We will see when I am done grading.

No comments:

Post a Comment