Monday, April 6, 2009

This is a public service announcement

Sometimes we don't always think things through. That was the case on Saturday afternoon for me. I decided that the wind didn't seem that bad so, I could take the Ninja out for a ride. I came up through my valley and things seemed ok. I then went east out the road for a good ways through the flat land and never felt any ill effects from any wind. Then things changed... I turned around and began to make my trip back west. At this point I came to realize that the steady 30-50MPH winds were in my face instead of at my back. This meant that the apparent wind speed of 15-35MPH when I was heading east was now an apparent wind speed of 95-115MPH. This makes riding on a small Ninja sport bike a bit hair raising to say the least. It took a good bit longer to get home than it did to leave. All I could think was that at least it wasn't a nasty crosswind. That would be much worse.

The rest of the weekend went very well. Our hockey team won 4-0 and I spent a decent amount of time relaxing around the house. We even went out for a couple nice meals over the weekend. The icing on the cake was a down S&P500 today. I have been hoping for a reversal for a few days. This is a good sign that things are going in the right direction for me. I'm just crossing my fingers for some really bad earnings reports tomorrow. Come on Alcoa! You never fail to disappoint! Do your magic!

Well, I better go rest up. I have a long day of not having to go to work ahead of me tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment