Friday, April 3, 2009

All this positive stuff has me feeling queazy

I guess I just have to keep myself distracted. Every time I look at my portfolio I want to sell something. This has been such a rip to the upside over the last few weeks. I keep telling myself that it has to run out of steam at some point. There is no real substantial economic data put there that point to a real good bull run. If I spend too much time looking at the screen I just want to start selling and selling. But, for everything I have sold, it has been too early. Or at least it seems that way. I guess I just need to keep at it and keep lightening these positions. I think this is the hardest time of trading. It is easier to get out of a bad position on the way down because you stop the bleeding and feel like you have avoided sure death. On the way up, it is a whole different ballgame. Whenever you lighten a position and it continues to rip higher, you just feel like you were too antsy and to scared of success. Deep down inside I know this tear to the upside has to come to an end. If it goes on for a while longer, I think I will be sold out over everything except for a little bit in the core positions to just keep a dividend income stream flowing. Right now this sounds like a scary proposition. But, I have faith that it will get back to work on the downside. Don’t get me wrong, I like seeing a recovering economy and investor enthusiasm. I also find it a lot less painful to sell stocks that have made money instead of down position that is starting to bleed me. I just would like this latest movement to be over so I can get back to the day to day. I miss range trading CCL day after day. It was so much easier and a lot less stressful. For the time being, I am saying good-bye to some CAT, INTC and NAT. I am also continuing to walk slowly into some more SDS. Come on plummet of the S&P!!!

In other news, I got to go in the ARMORED van today. It is pretty sweet inside. It has solid metal plating all down the sides, roof and floors on the inside. The windows are all very thick bullet proof glass. The only real drawback I have found so far is the weight of the doors. They are a bitch to open and close. They have to weigh about 500lbs a piece. Luckily it is already black. So, I do not need to paint it. I do think it would look good with a stripe down the side like the A-Team van. But, that may be a little too flash and I am unsure if Zombies are attracted to flashy things. I will have to do some research….

No comments:

Post a Comment