Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Some things you just gotta have...


My job has some interesting side perks occasionally. One of them came about today. We have GSA auctions occasionally at work and today’s posting caught my eye. Usually they are selling old trucks, trailers and such, but, sometimes there is a real gem that pops up. Today was just that kind of day! Listed on the GSA schedule for auction at our site was an ARMORED Ford Econoline Van. How freaking cool is that?!?!?! I know it isn’t exactly my dream vehicle of all time. (That is a BMW 750iL with the armor package that has been shot a few times while being operated in a foreign country) I am thinking I would probably gut the insides of the van and put in shag carpeting and velour drapes. It would be the ultimate mobile love machine. An added benefit would be that no girl would have to ask if I was using protection. I would just have to tap the 1-3/4” thick bullet/bomb proof walls to drive home that point.

My only obstacle at this point is getting approval from the wife. I am guessing that this blog posting should get the conversation started. I am pretty sure she reads this blog sometimes. Ok. I am off to figure out what color I should paint it. Black seems too easy….

3 comments:

  1. I will ponder this wonderful, really I mean it, wonderful idea. To help with my pondering, I would need to know how much this wonderful van costs. Then I want to know if this van will be replacing the truck and be your everyday commuter car when the Protege finally dies because there is NOOO way I am driving an armored van to work. What is the fuel consumption on something like this anyway. Off to ponder.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, that is not a picture of a van!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly, I am not allowed to take pictures of the van. :( But, I can once I win the bid!!! Then I will replace the picture on the site. :)

    ReplyDelete